Lockdown Stories Terms & Conditions
Effective December 21, 2020. Last Revised July 20, 2021.
Hello, Lockdown Storytellers and people of the Internet! This Lockdown Stories User Agreement ("Terms") applies to your access to and use of our website and other online services (collectively, the "Services") provided by Lockdown Stories ("Lockdown Stories", "we", or "us").
Remember, Lockdown Stories is a safe place for sharing, so we need some basic rules for all who access this place. By accessing or using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not access or use our Services.
1. Your Use of the Services
Lockdown Stories grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use and access the Services solely as permitted by these Terms. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you by these Terms.
Except as permitted through the Services or as otherwise permitted by us in writing, your license does not include the right to:
- license, sell, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Services or Content;
- modify, prepare derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer any part of the Services or Content; or
- access the Services or Content in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service.
We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services (in whole or in part) at any time, with or without notice to you. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Services will be subject to these Terms, which may be updated from time to time. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services or any part thereof.
2. Your Content
The Services may contain information, text, links or other materials (“Content”), including Content created with or submitted to the Services by you (“Your Content”). We take no responsibility for and we do not expressly or implicitly endorse any of Your Content.
By submitting Your Content to the Services, you represent and warrant that you have all rights, power, and authority necessary to grant the rights to Your Content contained within these Terms. Because you alone are responsible for Your Content, you may expose yourself to liability if you post or share Content without all necessary rights.
You retain any ownership rights you have in Your Content, but you grant Lockdown Stories the following license to use that Content:
When Your Content is created with or submitted to the Services, you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, copy, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content and any name, nickname, voice, or likeness provided in connection with Your Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed. You also agree that we may remove metadata associated with Your Content, and you irrevocably waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content.
Any ideas, suggestions, and feedback about Lockdown Stories or our Services that you provide to us are entirely voluntary, and you agree that Lockdown Stories may use such ideas, suggestions, and feedback without compensation or obligation to you.
Although we have no obligation to screen, edit, or monitor Your Content, we may, in our sole discretion, delete or remove Your Content at any time and for any reason, including for a violation of these Terms, a violation of our Content Policy, or if you otherwise create liability for us.
3. Things You Cannot Do
When accessing or using the Services, you must respect others and their rights, including by following these Terms and the Content Policy, so that we all may continue to use and enjoy the Services. We support the responsible reporting of security vulnerabilities. To report a security issue, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When accessing or using our Services, you will not:
- Create or submit Content that violates our Content Policy or attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we use;
- Use the Services to violate applicable law or infringe any person or entity's intellectual property or any other proprietary rights;
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Services (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Services);
- Upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Services any computer viruses, worms, or other software intended to interfere with the intended operation of a computer system or data;
- Use the Services to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding the Services or users of the Services except as permitted in these Terms or in a separate agreement with Lockdown Stories;
- Use the Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Services or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Services in any manner;
- Intentionally negate any user's actions to delete or edit their Content on the Services; or
- Access, query, or search the Services with any automated system, other than through our published interfaces and pursuant to their applicable terms.
Moderating a Lockdown Stories is an unofficial, voluntary position that may be available to users of the Services. We are not responsible for actions taken by the moderators. We recognise that moderation can take some work, so we may change the features or abilities associated with moderating from time to time without prior notice. We reserve the right to revoke or limit a user’s ability to moderate at any time and for any reason or no reason, including for a breach of these Terms.
If you choose to provide moderation services for Lockdown Stories:
- You agree to follow the Moderator Guidelines for Healthy Communities listed below:
- You agree that when you receive reports related to your field of moderation, that you will take action to moderate by removing content and/or escalating to the admins for review;
- You may not represent that you are authorised to act on behalf of Lockdown Stories;
- You may not enter into any agreement with a third party on behalf of Lockdown Stories without our written approval;
- You may not perform moderation actions in return for any form of compensation or favor from third parties;
- If you have access to non-public information as a result of moderating Lockdown Stories, you will use such information only in connection with your performance as a moderator; and
- You may create and enforce rules for the field of the Lockdown Stories you moderate, provided that such rules do not conflict with these Terms, our Content Policy.
Lockdown Stories reserves the right, but has no obligation, to overturn any action or decision of a moderator if Lockdown Stories believes that such action or decision is not in the interest of Lockdown Stories.
5. Copyright, the DMCA & Takedowns
Lockdown Stories is a registered and protected trademark, and is protected as such, along with its creative assets including its logo. The intellectual property rights of the Lockdown Stories trademark are a property of Lockdown Stories. Any unauthorised use of this trademark is punishable under the Intellectual Property Law of England, UK.
Lockdown Stories also respects the intellectual property of others and requires that users of our Services do the same. We have a policy that includes the removal of any infringing materials from the Services and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our Services who are repeat infringers. If you believe that anything on our Services infringes a copyright that you own or control, you may notify Lockdown Stories Designated Agent by emailing us on email@example.com or writing to us at:
- Digital Polymaths Collective Ltd
- Kemp House 152-160, City Road,
- London, England, EC1V 2NX
Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Service is infringing, you may be liable to Lockdown Stories for certain costs and damages. If we remove Your Content in response to a copyright or trademark notice, we will notify you via email.
6. Lockdown Stories Payment Information
There are no fees for use of any aspect of the Services.
Except to the extent prohibited by law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, our licensors, our third party service providers and our officers, employees, licensors, and agents (the “Lockdown Stories Entities”) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Services, (b) your violation of these Terms, (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations, or (d) Your Content. We reserve the right to control the defense of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. LOCKDOWN STORIES AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR FREE. LOCKDOWN STORIES DOES NOT CONTROL, ENDORSE, OR TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR LINKED TO THE SERVICES OR THE ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY OR USER, INCLUDING MODERATORS. WHILE LOCKDOWN STORIES ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES SAFE, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT OUR SERVICES OR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
9. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE, WILL THE LOCKDOWN STORIES ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THOSE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES THAT IS ALLEGED TO BE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE LOCKDOWN STORIES ENTITIES EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED BRITISH POUNDS (£100) OR ANY AMOUNT YOU PAID LOCKDOWN STORIES IN THE PREVIOUS SIX MONTHS FOR THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. THE LIMITATIONS OF THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING THOSE BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, STATUTE, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF THE LOCKDOWN STORIES ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
10. Governing Law and Venue
We want you to enjoy Lockdown Stories, so if you have an issue or dispute, you agree to raise it and try to resolve it with us informally. You can contact us with feedback and concerns here or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any claims arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Services will be governed by the laws of England, other than its conflict of laws rules; all disputes related to these Terms or the Services will be brought solely in the federal or state courts located in London, UK; and you consent to personal jurisdiction in these courts.
11. Changes to these Terms
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will post the amended Terms to our Services and update the Effective Date above. If the changes, in our sole discretion, are material, we may also notify by notice through our Services. By continuing to access or use the Services on or after the Effective Date of the revised Terms, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the revised Terms, you must stop accessing and using our Services before the changes become effective.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding your access to and use of the Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the rest of the Terms will remain in effect. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without our consent. We may freely assign these Terms.
If you have any other questions about this Terms & Conditions, please contact us at